Experience the Fifth Avenue Auto difference.
Fifth Avenue Auto differentiates itself from the competitors as a auto maintenance and auto repair facility. We focus on customer care, saving our clients money with maintenance rather than just “fixing what’s broke” as has been traditional in “breakdown shops“. We know that having your vehicle in a shop (even one like ours) can be stressful. Our positive attitude and friendly, honest service will put you at ease and help make the process enjoyable.
Just some of our benefits
- Fully licenced and experienced mechanics and technicians.
- Constant training for all staff to keep on top of the latest industry advancements.
- Constant upgrading of all equipment.
- Always up to date information systems including all factory information with latest technical service bulletins and recalls.
- Courtesy car and shuttle service.
- Hassle free, rock solid warranty of 1 year in Canada and the USA – PLUS limited lifetime warranty available!
- Fully authorized to perform manufactures regularly scheduled maintenance on ALL NEW VEHICLES, to protect their new vehicle warranty.
- Preferred rates from local hotels and car rental companies for stranded motorists.
- We will take the time to educate you about your choices and explain the reasons behind our recommendations.
- We will provide you with a written estimate detailing the service or repair including all the parts, labor, taxes and levies.
- We pledge to never proceed with any maintenance, repair or diagnostic work without a “to the penny” estimate approved by you.
Next level maintenance.
We will create a maintenance profile for your vehicle listing all the maintenance services your vehicle requires. We enter the interval that the manufacturer recommends as well as the last time it was done. Our system automatically calculates the next time the service will be due based on your driving habits.
After the maintenance or repairs are completed on your vehicle, we will discuss your invoice with you in detail. Our invoices are written in everyday language and are extremely easy to understand, they provide the custom maintenance profile for your vehicle, parts and detailed labor. The final price is based on the estimate previously provided and will always be equal to, or less than what you expected.
Our system will calculate the next time your vehicle requires servicing and make an appointment for it. We will attach a printed appointment sticker to your windshield and phone you the week prior to your appointment to remind you.
Breakdown Shop vs Maintenance Shop
A breakdown shop is a shop that sees their customer when:
- The customer feels it is time for an oil change on their vehicle.
- Their vehicle breaks. A lot of people now a days like the convenience of a 10 minute oil change. However these facilitys do not hire people with sufficient training and experience. Often small issues do not get recognized until they become expensive repairs.
- A breakdown shop’s goal is to see their customer’s vehicle needing repairs frequently.
A maintenance shop is a shop that:
- Tracks and schedules their client’s vehicle maintenance based on their driving habits.
- Book the vehicle’s next appointment tailored to the client’s time schedule for their convenience.
- Performs inspections on their client’s vehicle every time it is in. No 10 minute oil changes here! At least 30 minutes with a highly trained and experienced technician looking your vehicle over.
- Educates and consults with their client about all maintenance and repairs to be performed.
- Provides advance knowledge about up coming maintenance and repairs on their client’s vehicle.
- Provides advance estimates for up coming maintenance and repairs so their client can budget.
- Spends time with their client to build a long-term relationship.
A maintenance shop’s goal is to:
- Save their client’s money be helping to prevent costly and stressful breakdowns.
- To make their client’s motoring life as simple and easy as possible.
Protect your vehicle. Save money.
Here’s a thought! Your driving a 20, 30, 40 thousand dollar or more vehicle. Do you feel that spending 10 minutes a couple times a year is sufficient maintenance to protect your investment? Any mechanic or technician we have asked will usually say that’s ludicrous. You should have a trained and experienced mechanic or technician spend at the very least a couple hours a year on it. There is over 8700 hours in a year, can you not afford a couple to protect your investment and save you thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs due to improperly performed maintenance?
Some typical automotive services we offer
All this and more!
- Minor Maintenance Service (approx. 45 – 60 minutes) – its like an oil change on steroids for about the same price as a 10 minute oil change which includes: oil and filter change, chassis lubrication, lube door locks, latches and hinges, inspect and test all fluids, inspect tires for damage, inspect and adjust tire pressures, inspect lights and replace burned out bulbs in most cases, inspect belts and hoses, inspect park brake operation, inspect shocks and struts, inspect clutch operation, inspect heater operation, inspect battery condition and cables, inspect air filter and fuel filter, inspect axle shafts and u joints, inspect restraint system.
- Comprehensive maintenance service (approx. 1/2 day) – includes the Minor maintenance Service, tire rotation plus an extremely thorough go over of your vehicle inspecting and testing everything.
- Government safety inspections up to 5500kg.
- Hot engine oil flush service.
- Air filter replacement.
- Fuel filter replacement.
- Cabin filter replacement.
- Spark plug replacement.
- Ignition tune-ups.
- Check engine light diagnostics and repair.
- Battery, charging system, starting system diagnosis, service and repair.
- Security system diagnosis and repair.
- Air bag system and restraint system (seat belts etc) diagnosis, service and repair.
- Fuel system and carbon clean service, we use the TerraClean system which is capable of recovering oxygen sensors and cleaning catalytic converters.
- Diesel engine EGR service and repair
- Oxygen sensor testing, repair and recovery processes.
- Catalytic converter cleaning.
Cooling system clean, flush, service, diagnosis and repairs.
- Power steering system clean, flush, diagnosis and repair.
- Automatic transmission clean, service, flush, diagnosis and repair.
- Manual transmission clean, service, diagnosis and repair.
- Transfer case clean, service, diagnosis and repair.
- Four wheel drive service, diagnosis and repair.
- Differential service, diagnosis and repair.
- Fan belt service.
- Timing belt service and replacement.
- Disk brake service and repair.
- Drum brake service and repair.
- Brake hydraulic system service and repair.
- Brake fluid system flush.
- Antilock brake system service, diagnosis and repair.
- Traction control system service, diagnosis and repair.
- Strut and shock replacement.
- Automatic and electronic suspension service, diagnosis and repair.
- Ball joint replacement.
- Tie rod replacement.
- Steering rack and steering box service, diagnosis and repair.
- Spring service and repair.
- Wheel alignment (state of the art equipment).
- Air conditioning service and repair.
- Heater system service and repair.
- Mouse and rodent removal, cleaning and sanitizing service.
- MiST service to remove mold, mildew and bacteria.
- Power window system service, diagnosis and repair.
- Engine, engine compartment and under vehicle shampooing.
- Winter and summer tire change over.
- Tire pick-up and delivery service.
- Free shuttle service.
- Free courtesy car.
- Winter and spring servicing – NOTE: although we do winter and spring servicing, any vehicle that is on our maintenance program will not require this. Your vehicle will always be ready to go at any time of the year.