We all know the Okanagan Valley loves a nice gas price ‘hike’ once summer months appear on our calendars. It seems your wallet getting lighter and lighter every time you pull in next to the pump.
So what can you do to save a lot of bucks? The answer is spend a few.
Many motorists don’t realize that fuel consumption is directly related to auto care and has a significant impact on how much gas you use, said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. Gas prices can climb quickly, but the good news is that you can fight back. By properly maintaining your vehicle, you can improve fuel economy while saving money.
They recommend a few simple steps. Enter into a regular maintenance program with Fifth Avenue Auto and you don’t even need to think about it.
- Tune-Up: Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Gas Cap: Damaged, loose or missing gas caps allow gas to vaporize into the air.
- Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
Bring your car to Fifth Avenue Auto. When it comes to rising fuel prices and looking after your vehicle, we have you covered. We have a state of the art system to ensure every aspect of your car care is covered. You’re even booked in for your next service before you leave from your current one.
We know what needs doing, we let you know of forthcoming potential expenses before they happen so there are no horrible surprises and our vintage, family owned, customer service is second to none.
Find out why Fifth Avenue Auto customers rave about their car carers!